Art Journaling – Fairy Tales
Paint a fairy tale in your art journal!
In the second part of a series of classes about art journaling, I’ll take you with me in the enchanting world of fairy tales. The course was recorded on an idyllic location, near a lake in Sweden. In the video lessons, we dive deep into your chosen fairy tale. What is its symbolism? Can you make a link with your own life? And of course: How do you sketch, illustrate and paint this in your book? I work out the fairy tale ‘Mother Hulda’ and show you step by step my entire journey. Do you join me on this journey?
The course consists of three logically structured parts. In the first part I tell you more about fairy tales, the materials and I give you inspiration to get started. Then you choose a fairy tale that you write down from your memory. Then you select some parts that speaks to you, to sketch. You will look at the symbolism of your fairy tale and what it actually means to you. After that it’s time to think about your composition and your colour palette. I provide several options to organize your pages. And finally, you let your fairy tale come to life in your art journal. .
What you’ll get with this class:
- Approximately 3 hours in 17 separate video lessons in which I tell you everything you need to know about fairy tales and I show you all the steps on how to develop your fairy tale and turn it into two (or more) pages full of magic;
- Some worksheets with questions that invite you to look deeper into your fairy tale;
- Access to the private classroom of Brave Art Academy where you can meet other students, share your results and share valuable feedback;
- Start immediately, unlimited access to the teaching material;The ability to watch the course at your pace, at your chosen time, as many times as you like. You can watch it from your desktop, but also from your tablet or phone. So you can also take this class on vacation!
- All my courses are available on my SCHOOL WEBSITE – BRAVE ART ACADEMY
Price: $ 59
Once upon a time, in a land far away…
Fairy tales have long captured the imagination of both children and adults. Although the stories seem to be simple, there is a lot hidden underneath. In this class we visit the world of special creatures, magical places, spells, and courageous characters who face difficult challenges. They receive help from people with supernatural powers or, on the contrary, are blocked while they try to complete their task.
What’s behind your fairy tale? What can you learn from it? What symbols are in it and can you make a link to your own life? By answering the questions on the worksheets that you receive with this course, you unravel your fairy tale step by step, you are invited to go into depth and make your own unique version of the story. Let the magic begin!
What you’ll learn in this class
- How to write your fairy tale from your imagination and choose important parts;
- How to analyze your fairy tale and translate it into your own version and your own life;
- How you make sketches and illustrations of your fairy tale, true to your imagination;
- How to create a layout for your fairy tale in your art journal by drawing a storyboard;
- How to choose a good composition and the right colour palette;
- How to work out your fairy tale in your journal; from creating a background to the smallest details with acrylic paint, pen and Posca markers;
- How to connect your illustrations to create a cohesive spread.
Illustrate with acrylic paint, pens and markers
In this class you mainly work with acrylic paint. You can work out the details with pens and markers. One of my favourite materials is the Posca acrylic marker, which, as the name suggests, is suitable for use in combination with acrylic paint. Of course you can also choose to work with your preferred materials, that is entirely up to you.
Because we sketch and practice a lot before we start, you will get confident and already have in mind what exactly you want to add to your art journal. Working precisely is not necessary at all. As we work with acrylic paint, you can apply new layers anytime. For the details we use the pens and Posca markers. This class is also suitable if you want to work on a different surface than in a journal, for example mixed-media paper.
Art Journaling for everyone!
This is a class on art journaling. You can participate if you have no experience at all, but also if you have been drawing, illustrating, painting or journaling for some time. The course invites you to play, try new things and above all have fun in the process.
Join us on our art journey
This is the second part of a series of art journaling classes. We also release new classes when we are traveling. At the same time you’re joining this class about fairy tales, you also go on a journey with us! We recorded this class in an idyllic location in Sweden.
What you’ll get with this painting class?
Alongside the class you will get a downloadable and printable series of worksheets and a art supplies list.
The freedom to watch the course at your own pace, when you want to, as often as you wish. You can watch it from your desktop, but also from your tablet or your phone in a browser.
You’ll get instant access to this class’ private classroom where you can meet other students, ask questions, share your results, and get valuable feedback on your work.